Isotunes Pro mini review:
I’ve been using the IsoTunes Pro sound isolating earphones for a month or so now. Here are some quick thoughts I have about them:
- Sound is ok. Not as good as some in-ear headphones Iâ€™ve used but good enough. Theyâ€™re a little light on bass. I found I had to use the bass booster in my phones EQ to give it some more oomph. With that on though theyâ€™re more than good enough for daily listening.
- Volume is just slightly lower than what Iâ€™m used to. I was prepared for this as itâ€™s a feature of the product but I wish it could be just a little louder. You canâ€™t listen to the Sex Pistols quietly ðŸ˜†
- The memory foam earbuds are super comfy and stay in well. They do a great job of blocking out external noises but itâ€™s a bit of a faff putting them in (especially if youâ€™re the kind of person that has to take them in and out frequently – for example to speak to colleagues in an office). They do offer an alternative set of normal earbuds for this but they donâ€™t cancel sound as well.
- The Bluetooth connection can be choppy. I keep my phone in my left pocket and the receiver sits below the right ear. If I turn my head right the sound cuts out. Iâ€™ve found I can solve this by moving my phone to my right pocket. Not ideal but it solves the problem.
- If you order direct and ship to Europe watch out for import duty. I got a bill of almost â‚¬50 which is a lot for a product that cost â‚¬75 (â‚¬90 USD). That doesnâ€™t happen on products shipped from other parts of the world so be prepared.
- Inline controls are weird. Most headphones need a double press on the volume buttons to skip back and forth. Isotunes requires a long press. It took me a long time to adjust to the change.
If I had the chance to go back and buy them again knowing what I know now… would I? In honesty. Probably not. They ended up costing me over a â‚¬120 by time I’d paid the import duty.Â That said… they’re seriously comfy and great for long commutes or coding sessions. If you actually work in a really loud environment, then they’ll probably be a god send.